We are committed to providing the following services
- 24hr attention every day and night of the year.
- Trained staff to organise funerals for city, country, interstate and repatriation overseas.
- Liaise with clergy / celebrant and co-ordinate church and chapel requirements for all denominations.
- Facilities and staff to effect transfer from home or hospital to our mortuary at any hour day or night.
- Rendering of hygienic preparation and care.
- Advise upon and necessary completion of the many aspects of funeral matters and problems.
- Private arrangement conference facilities at our premises.
- Provision for our staff to visit families in the comfort of their own home.
- A wide selection of caskets and coffins to satisfy any personal wish.
- Procurement of necessary burial certificate from doctor or hospital.
- Obtaining of necessary cremation certificate and arranging statutory certificate from a specially qualified practitioner.
- Arranging with crematorium or cemetery for reservation of time and grave requirements.
- Fulfilling any usual wishes concerning Lodge, RSL, etc.
- Completion of registration of death details with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages and arranging for one or more certified copies of the death certificate if required.
- Preparing and inserting notices in newspapers and with radio stations where applicable.
- Insertion of lodge or other special notices.
- Ordering of floral tribute for family.
- Receiving and careful handling and arranging of floral tributes at chapel or church.
- Displaying of floral tributes at cemetery or crematorium and collection of cards.
- Arranging of mourning vehicles when required.
- Providing simulated grass matting for all burials.
- Notifying Medicare.
- Completing application for funeral benefit for Centrelink, where applicable.
- Notification to Department of Veteran’s Affairs where deceased Service Personnel are involved.
- Provision of national flag where appropriate.
- Advice in all matters and claims relevant to Repatriation, Union, Societies, Social Services, Workers Compensation, Health Insurance Companies, etc.
- Experienced Funeral Director with trained, courteous staff for constant attention during the funeral.
- Prestige funeral vehicles.
- Removable and suitable mounting of cross, crucifix or other motto when desired by family.
- Full advice given and guidance on all matters concerning funerals, funeral procedure and funeral costs.
- Organisation of temporary grave marker at all burials where grave is unmarked.
- Assistance with the purchase of a suitable memorial for lawn and monumental cemeteries.
- Assistance with the purchase of wall or garden position for the memorialisation of cremated remains, together with the purchase of a suitable bronze or satin chrome plaque.
We are dedicated to our duty and give our assurance that we will perform all tasks with full regard for the sacredness and trust involved
The information standard for funeral goods and services has been revised. This was
done as part of the process of making the Fair-Trading Regulation 2019, which replaces the Fair-Trading Regulations 2012.
Under the new regulations, funeral directors are obliged to provide the following
Funeral Information. Please add 10% GST to all costs mentioned below.
(a) (i) The transport of the body prior to burial or cremation. Transfer of the deceased from place of death to our mortuary (within business hours and a 30km radius of Lithgow) is $495. Transport to the funeral service is included as part of our service if travel is within a 30-kilometre radius of Lithgow. Outside this radius, travel is charged and will depend on distance travelled.
(ii) The storage of the body at a mortuary or holding room. Our mortuary facility is located at our premises at 157 – 159 Mort Street, Lithgow and is charged at a rate of $330 per deceased for any length of time required.
(iii) The hire of a refrigeration plate. We do not provide this service.
(iv) Each type of coffin, casket or shroud supplied or the price range of all coffins, caskets or shrouds supplied. We supply a wide range of coffins / caskets and some of these are displayed at our premises. We also have hard copy displays of many other options available. Prices start from $1,150 to $4,410 in our normal range. Other coffins and caskets can be supplied upon request.
(v) The care and preparation of the body prior to burial or cremation. Included as part of our service.
(vi) A viewing of the body prior to burial or cremation. Included as part of our service, however, we may charge a fee of $200 if a viewing is required after hours.
(vii) The arrangement and conduct of a funeral service (including hire of the venue). We arrange and conduct funerals in a variety of places intrastate, interstate and overseas. When you contact us, we will establish where the funeral will be arranged (i.e., your home, our conference facilities, over the phone, etc). During these arrangements, you will provide us with your specific requests, and we will then provide an itemised quote accordingly. Our service fees start from $2,856 for a no service no attendance burial or cremation (no attendance by family or friends).
(viii) The burial or cremation of the body. As stated above, we conduct funerals in many different places. In relation to burials, Lithgow City Council provide their fees and charges on their website. A burial allotment in the Lithgow Government Area costs $1,182 and interment fees start from $1,032. In relation to cremations, Leura Memorial Gardens, Leura charge $1,015 and Norwood Park Crematorium, Bathurst charge $1,020 ($1,165 including chapel hire).
(b) The location of the mortuary or crematorium used by the funeral director. Our mortuary is owned and operated by us from our premises located at 157 – 159 Mort Street, Lithgow. We predominately use the services of two crematoriums, Leura Memorial Gardens, Lot 1 Kitchener Road, Leura and Norwood Park Crematorium, Bradwardine Road, Bathurst. We also use other crematoriums when requested. Lithgow Local Government Area does not have a crematorium.
(c) If the funeral director uses a mortuary or crematorium that is not owned or managed by the funeral director, the name of the owner or manager. Please refer to above.
(d) A reasonable estimate of the following disbursements—
(i) the cost of obtaining a death certificate from the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. We organise the registration and procurement of the statutory death certificate from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. This process involves scanning and emailing the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death to the Registry, entering the information provided by the family into the Registry’s system online, checking the death certificate upon its return to us from the registry, copying the certificate and certifying at least three copies for the family and retaining a copy on our files for future use if ever needed by the family. For this service we charge $155. Extra copies of the statutory certificates can also be organised.
(ii) the cost of obtaining any certificate or permit required under the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act 1995 or the Public Health Act 2010 in relation to the body. When a person is cremated, two doctors are required to issue additional certificates, these being Attending Practitioners Cremation Certificate and Medical Referee’s Cremation Permit. There is a cost for each starting from $95 in NSW and this cost can vary. If a person is cremated and released from the care of the NSW Coroner, the required permits are issued free of charge. Exhumation permits are charged at cost as provided by the NSW Department of Health.
(iii) Any fee charged by a cemetery or crematorium in relation to the burial or cremation of a body. We do not operate a cemetery or a crematorium. Please refer above.
(e) The price of the least expensive package for the burial or cremation of a body supplied by the funeral director. The least expensive burials or cremations are generally referred to as no service and no attendance (NSNA). This means no family or friends attend the burial or cremation.
A NSNA burial in the Lithgow Government Area including burial allotment, interment fee, our service fee, transfer from place of death within 30km radius of Lithgow (business hours), mortuary care, procurement of death certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages, satin finish teak coffin and a grave marker – $7,200.
A NSNA cremation including cremation fee (Leura or Bathurst), our service fee, transfer from place of death within 30km radius of Lithgow (business hours), mortuary care, procurement of death certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages, satin finish teak coffin, doctor’s cremation certificates and travel to Leura or Bathurst Crematorium – $4,800
(f) How a body is transported prior to burial or cremation. The deceased is transported to the cemetery or crematorium in one of our modern, purpose built, prestige vehicles.